A PLACE LESS ORDINARY
A PLACE LESS ORDINARY Ltd(number 9695113) (we or our) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the DPA), the data controller is A PLACE LESS ORDINARY LTD(registered in England and Wales under company number 9695113 whose registered office is at Unit 8, Huntingdon Estate, Ebor St, London, E1 6AW), our email address is email@example.com
Save for words and expressions defined in this policy all words and expressions mean as defined in the App Terms.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.You may give us information about you in many ways, including;
- registering to use and using our App and/or Services;
- filling in forms on our App; uploading and storing information on our App;
- corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise;
- corresponding with and providing information to other users of our Services;
- participation in discussion boards or other social media functions on our App;
- entering competitions, promotions or surveys via our App;
- reporting problems in connection with our App.
The information you give us may include your name, address, contact details, country of residence, nationality, personal interests, likes, dislikes, personal description, photographs, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information and any other information that may be considered ‘personal data’ or ‘sensitive personal data’ for the purposes of the DPA.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to your use of the App and/or use of our Services we may automatically collect the following information:
- the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) and other security address used to connect your mobile to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information (including your password and other security information), photos, videos or other digital content, check ins;
- information about your use of the App, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our App (including date and time); products and services you viewed or searched for; Services viewed and used; traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Location information. We may also use GPS or other technologyto determine your current location when you use the App. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by turning off the location services settings for the App on the Device
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we may from time to time operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference and fraud protection agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
- We may collect and store personal data on your Device using, for example, application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Certain Services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in ways set out below. We have grouped together certain uses under certain headings, to give you an idea of the most common usage of types of information collected. However, we can use information collected from any source in any of the ways set out below:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to perform and enforce contracts entered into between you and us (including the App Terms), to provide you with the Services, Software, information, products and other services that you request from us. This may include (depending on the Services to be provided) sending email alerts or otherwise informing you about changes to our Services;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, obtained or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to ensure that content on our App is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- for financial risk assessment, credit checks, money laundering checks, regulatory and fraud prevention; to comply with applicable law;
- Information we collect about you. We may use this information:
- to provide the Services to you;
- to administer our App and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our App; to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our App safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our App about jobs, goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to help us understand and develop our business, service and products.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- In compliance with applicable law, including the Act.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your information to:-
- our holding company and/or subsidiaries (as defined in s1159 Companies Act 2006);
- comply with applicable law including the Act
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Any third party site you may access via a link within our App (for example to purchase or enquire about purchasing a product).
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our App.
- Credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score and/or providing credit to you. Third parties such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies may retain a record of any enquiry and the information given to them and may share that information with other persons who undertake searches.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (including our own business assets), in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example, the police or to comply with the requirements of a regulatory body or court order), in order to enforce the the App Terms, and/or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property or safety or those of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Please note that, as stated above, as part of the Services we may disclose your information to third parties such third parties will store that information on the terms of their own data protection policies. You should read their data protection policies and make sure you are happy with them.
HOW AND WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We can store data in relation to you in electronic or paper format.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a login, password or the like which enables you to access certain parts of our App and/or use the Services, you are responsible for keeping this login, password and the like confidential. We ask you not to share a password, login or the like with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our App; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access but this cannot be guaranteed.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by indicating that you do not consent in the relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at team@whisperme.
Our App may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, suppliers, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services. Please check these policies and make sure you are happy with them before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The DPA gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
HOW LONG WILL WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will not keep personal data any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, e.g. in connection with our Services. We will take reasonable steps to destroy, or erase from our systems, all data which is no longer required and/or in order to comply with Regulations. For example we are entitled to destroy and erase all information that in our reasonable opinion is no longer reasonably required in relation to the Services being provided and/or if no Services are being provided or the Licence has terminated.